- We will collect Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data during your course of dealings with us in any way or manner including pursuant to any transactions, any event and/or communications made from/with us in an appropriate manner not limiting to using for the performance of contract, entering into contract, legal obligation, vital interests, and administration of justice.
- We will take necessary and appropriate measures to safely manage Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data.
- Except where otherwise specified, we will not share, disclose or sell Personal Data or Sensitive Personal Data to any third party without the consent of the individual.
- We will respond appropriately in the event that an individual contacts the appropriate point of contact regarding display, correction, deletion, withdrawal (in full or in part) and/or termination of use of their respective Personal Data or Sensitive Personal Data.
- We will maintain records of application, notice, requests, etc. related to personal data being processed by BBM.
PURPOSE OF USE FOR PERSONAL DATA AND SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
- To communicate, maintain and improve customer relationship
- To assess, process and provide products, services and/or facilities to you
- To administer and process any payments related to products, services and/or facilities requested by you
- To respond to your enquiries or complaints and resolve any issues and disputes which may arise in connection with any dealings with us
- To provide you with information and/or updates on our products, services, upcoming promotions offered by us and/or events organised by us and selected third parties which may be of interest to you from time to time
- For direct marketing purposes via SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels to members of our loyalty programmes in accordance with their consent
- To facilitate your participation in, and our administration of, any events including contests, promotions or campaigns
- To maintain and update internal record keeping
- For internal administrative purposes
- To send you seasonal greetings messages
- To send you invitations to join our events and promotions and product launch events
- To monitor, review and improve our events and promotions, products and/or services
- To process any payments related to your commercial transactions with us
- To process and analyse your Personal Data either individually or collectively with other individuals
- To conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns and choices, planning and statistical and trend analysis in relation to our products and/or services
- To share any of your Personal Data pursuant to any agreement or document which you have duly entered with us for purposes of seeking legal and/or financial advice and/or for purposes of commencing legal action
- To share any of your Personal Data with our joint venture/business partners to jointly develop products and/or services or launch marketing campaigns
- For audit, risk management and security purposes
- For detecting, investigating and preventing fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities
- For enabling us to perform our obligations and enforce our rights under any agreements or documents that we are a party to
- To transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any agreements entered into with us
- For meeting any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and making disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to us
- Fo enforce or defend our rights and your rights under, and to comply with, our obligations under the applicable laws, legislation and regulations
- For other purposes required to operate, maintain and better manage our business and your relationship with us, which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED/USED
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may be routed through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. We cannot and do not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or interception or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our reasonable control.
To provide you with product and styling recommendations and improve our services to you, (in addition to the uses described above) we will also collect and use customer identifying information, site browsing/action history and computer/connection information, including such information obtained via Cookies (collected information may contain, but is not limited to, customer Personal Data). We may also collect other information which may be collected via conventional internet technologies and use such data for analysis.
What are Cookies?
“Cookies” are small files that are stored on your device when accessing our website. They allow us to recognize whether there has been any contact made between us and your end device in the past.
We issue Cookies for the following purposes:
- Establish traffic statistics (number of visits, page views, abandonment during the order process) to monitor and improve the quality of our services
- Adapt the presentation of our website to the display preferences of your end device;
- Memorize information entered in forms, manage and secure access to specific and personal places such as your account, manage your shopping cart. Provide you with content related to your preference and customize the promotion we send to you.
- The Third-Party Cookies issued from our website are designed to:
- Establish statistics on advertisements (such as how many times it was displayed, which advertisements were displayed, number of users having clicked on each advertisement, etc)
- Identify the products seen or purchased on our website in order to personalize the advertising offer sent to you when you access other websites such as Facebook.com, YouTube.com etc.
- •Send you cart reminder email if you have authorised them when creating the account
- Send you promotion and news alert via browser notification if you have chosen to opt-in or accept it upon visited our website
- The use of Third-Party Cookies is subject to the privacy policies of these third parties providers. We have no access or control over Third-Party Cookies. However, we make sure that our partner providers treat the information collected on our website exclusively for our needs and in compliance with any applicable data privacy laws and regulations.
- By using our website, you consent to the use and storage of Cookies on your end device. However, you can also view our website without Cookies. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can prevent Cookies from being saved on your end device by setting your browser to not accept cookies. You can delete Cookies stored on your end device at any time. The exact instructions for how to do this can be found in the manual for your browser or end device.
We will respond as soon as possible but in all cases within twenty one days from the date of your request on personal data relating to you.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Internet is used in a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data may involve the transmission of data on an international basis. The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, accessed in and stored at, a destination outside Malaysia, these data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of any applicable laws and regulations regarding data protection. Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails are not secure unless they have been encrypted.
We may need to transfer your personal information outside of Malaysia. You hereby expressly consent to us transferring your Personal Data outside of Malaysia for such Purposes. Your Personal Data may also be processed by third-parties operating within or outside the Malaysia, working for us or for one of our suppliers, where necessary, for the Purposes mentioned above, to any party who undertakes to keep your Personal Data confidential or to whom we are compelled or required under the data protection laws to disclose to. Such third parties may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. When we transfer Personal Data to third parties outside Malaysia, we ask them to provide adequate guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures in such a manner that processing will meet the requirements of Malaysia data protection laws and regulations to ensure the protection of your rights as an individual.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal data from loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
We will undertake technical and organizational security measures governing the processing to be carried out and ensure compliance with the measures.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will cease to retain the documents containing Personal Data or remove the means by which the Personal Data can be associated with the individuals when it can be assumed that: the Purpose for which the Personal Data was collected is no longer being served by retention of personal data, and the retention is not necessary for legal or business purposes. However, we reserve the right to retain and keep your Personal Data for a period necessary for business, tax, or legal purposes.
PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM MINORS AND OTHER INDIVIDUALS